#GivingTuesday is just around the corner! This year, it falls on Nov. 28. #GivingTuesday is a global day dedicated to making individual and corporate donations to worthy causes such as the American Legion Auxiliary Foundation.
For the third year, ALA Foundation’s participation in #GivingTuesday directly impacts the lives of veterans, military, and their families through the Veteran Projects Fund and the Mission Endowment Fund.
The Veteran Projects Fund, which supports ALA projects that address the emergent needs of veterans, has been used to renovate a veterans homeless shelter, purchase computer stations and laptops for veterans facilities, and provide art and physical therapy equipment to veterans facilities in need.
The Mission Endowment Fund uses the interest on donations paid into the fund to support ALA programs such as American Legion Auxiliary Girls Nation, ensuring future generations may benefit from Auxiliary programs which support veterans and their families.
We need your help to reach our full $15,000 match from corporate contributor Innovairre Communications! ALA National Headquarters creates weekly Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram posts in support of the ALA Foundation and #GivingTuesday – our members and supporters are welcome and encouraged to copy and paste these posts onto their personal pages and share with their friends and families.
Please help us promote #GivingTuesday on social media over the next few weeks by:
- Liking the ALA National Headquarters Facebook page at facebook.com/alaforveterans/ so they can see all of our #GivingTuesday posts.
- Following @ALAforVeterans on Twitter to retweet and favorite #GivingTuesday posts supporting the ALA Foundation.
- Following @ALAforVeterans on Instagram at instagram.com/alaforveterans/ to like and comment on #GivingTuesday photos.
- Tagging us in their photos, @ALAforVeterans, so we can share what the ALA community is doing to support the ALA Foundation.
- Visiting ALAFoundation.org/GivingTuesday to see our live Twitter feed, countdown, and resources available to you.
And, while you’re helping spread the word, don’t forget to give to the American Legion Auxiliary Foundation this #GivingTuesday. To donate online, visit www.alaforveterans.org/giving-tuesday/.